Sunday, July 6, 2014

First Week of July

Wed, July 2nd. Today Sarah Bischoff turned 18. I had planned to go to dinner with her and others in SLC at 6:30 but James Swink asked me to go with Council members to the Powder Mountain development. We ended up riding in an ATV all over the mountain. I was in a panic as time was slipping away. I didn't get back to the car in time to make it to SLC. I felt really bad and was very disappointed. The mountain was beautiful though. Here are a few pictures.


4th of July Weekend-Thursday night I spent with Mom. We watched fireworks in her front yard but went to bed before they were even over. :} The next morning we enjoyed the traditional (since 1954) scout pancake breakfast that the ward by our old house puts on. It was so delicious. I even got an extra serving of syrup when one of the bottles tipped over, the lid popped off and the gooey sweetness dripped between the table slats and onto my legs.


                                                           Jon and I headed to the Uintas and back-packed into Ibantik lake in the Crystal Lake area. It was a 4 mile hike taking just over 2 hours. The scenery was incredible with a lake at almost every turn. We camped near the lake and by a large stone cliff. Everything was awesome EXCEPT the mosquitoes.
Refreshing dip in Lake Ibantik

After the swim
Jon said he would give me $100 if I would get in the water. I told him he didn't need to pay me anything, then dove in. It felt great at first but I don't think I would have survived more than a minute or two in that freezing water. He said he would give me $100 if I would get in the water. I told him he didn't need to pay me anything, then dove in. It felt great at first but I don't think I would have survived more than a minute or two in that freezing water. We found the only way to survive was to either keep moving or escape to the tent. We had a nice walk around the lake, a great dinner of Mountain house beef stroganoff and a bug-less night hidden in the tent. 
                                                                                                                                                                     In the night we heard a very tremendous explosion lasting several seconds. It seems part of the rock cliff had come crashing down. We also heard lightening explosions and a few rain showers. It was an exciting night. We hiked out the next morning.



J
I rode over to Justin and Kenzee's and gave Lucy her birthday dress. She is so adorable and still so sweet. They drove me to see a couple new homes they are thinking of buying. It's a very stressful time for them trying to make this decision. That night Jon and I went to see the remake of the Beattles, "Hard Day's Night." It sure brought back a lot of memories of the 60's. I used to be so infatuated. (Below-Lucy shows off her new bracelet.) 

Me and Lucy. She loves her new "bling" socks
















No comments:

Post a Comment