Feb 12-Jon and I celebrated Valentine's day early with a fantastic Italian dinner at one of his neighborhood restaurants called Fresco's. We hung out in the King's English bookstore for awhile afterwards. Jon surprised me with very fragrant flowers, dove chocolate and a card. I gave him the same chocolate ha ha, card and made him a pecan pie.

Jon dropped me off at the Amtrak station to catch the 11:30 p.m. Zephyr to Sacramento. I love the train. It is so relaxing. The Sierras were beautiful with lightly falling snow. The trip always goes quickly for me. I enjoyed sitting in the warm sunshine at the station waiting for the bus to Chico. A lady came and waited next to me. Her name was Angela Banks and she was my age. She began telling me her life story which sounded very sad as she was fighting breast cancer and was on her way to Chico to tell her dying father goodbye. I told her that I had several friends who were cancer survivors. I didn't tell her that Jon's wife died of the disease. She sat on the bus next to me and we enjoyed a good visit. I tried to share a little bit about the church with her although I think she was trying to be a 7th day Adventist missionary to me. It was so fun to introduce her to Jodi and the kids when we got to Chico. I was so proud of them. Jack immediately ran and gave her and her sister a big hug. Jodi looks amazing and very fit. The boys were adorable and seemed excited to see me. Diesel walked to me and gave me a big snuggle. Rich and Jodi left the next morning to get away for a few days to Santa Cruz. I had a great time cleaning the house, organizing closets, doing laundry, playing with the boys, watching LOTS of kid movies and playing outside with them. When I arrived, Rocky had sores in his nose and he said he gets picked on at school because of them. I promised that if we prayed, Heavenly Father would help him heal his nose. He said he didn't think it would


work because there are too many others to worry about and he doesn't care about him.
But we prayed and treated his nose several times a day with q-tips and neosporin and by Tuesday when he went back to school it was healed. Rocky had made hand written valentines for each classmate. Jack had a high fever for 2 days and Ryan had diarrhea and threw up in the car just as we arrived at the park to play. By Sunday I wasn't feeling very good myself. Rich and Jodi got home Sunday and seemed to have had a great time. It is always hard for me to say goodbye but I was happy I was able to go out and help a little. My train arrived back in SLC at 2:30 a.m. on Wed. Jon had washed my car, filled it with gas and left it in the parking lot for me. He's the best!!!
Wow, I don't think I've seen any pictures of Ryan for nearly a year... since he was tiny! He's so handsome. That's so good to hear that Rocky's nose got better so quickly!
ReplyDelete