Saturday, February 2, 2013

Jan 30, I wasn't feeling very well so Karen & I went to see "Dr. Beav." We made 18 glorious runs and I was instantly cured. The weather required goggles but once we were all decked out in our "Hazmat" suits it was wonderful. We were the only ones in sight on every run. The snow was perfect. I have gotten so spoiled. Karen & I have a great system. She drives and I bring the lunch. 

Feb 1 Karen & I drove her 4 wheeler up Prov canyon then hiked to the quarry to see if the newly built road provided even better sledding. I rode my red luge and Karen had her zippy. There were some really great stretches but the best part might have been towing each other home. At 55 we still get excited to put on our snow clothes!



Feb 2nd-Dale, Craig, Mardyne, Karen & I met mom at Logan Monument to pick out mom and dad's headstone. It wasn't very fun. I had designed what I thought was perfect. A large granite letter A with a slab across the top with the name MOULTON inscribed and a place to sit. Everyone loved it except mom. I hope she likes what she picked out. It was about $5,500....about $5,000 more than she thought it would cost! Afterwards, Karen, Wayne & I snowshoed the Providence canyon trail for the first time. I hope I never take for granted the fact that I can walk out of my house and right into such a beautiful wonderland with a view of the Logan Temple on the walk home. Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Justin and I should start saving now for our future headstone! We look forward to seeing Grandpa's headstone when the weather warms and we can walk around the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete