Sunday, October 20, 2013

Muddy Biking

Oct 19th

Karen, Wayne, Jared, Jon, me and Sarah attempted to ride Stump Hollow up by Beaver Mountain. We didn't get very far because soon our tires succumbed to the mud. We spent a few minutes trying to de-mud our tires so we could ride out. We decided to take the dirt road up Beaver Creek. Sarah turned back after awhile as she has been dealing with problems with her "t-band" and is hoping to run in the state track meet on Wed. We were hoping to make it to Pat's Hollow but were running out of time for Karen to make it to a baby shower. On the way back I got a piece of dirt in my eye so I got left behind. Then when I finally made it back to the cars I noticed my cell phone was missing.  We jumped in Campbells car and rode back looking for it. It  felt pretty hopeless it since we asked several people coming down the road and nobody and seen it. But we found it just laying right in the middle of the road quite a ways up. I was sure happy to get it back in working condition! 

We sent Sarah back with Wayne and Jared then Jon & I took Karen to her baby shower where covered in mud, she ran in to drop off her gift, grab some treats, visit a minute then we headed to Green Canyon to ride that trail since it hopefully wouldn't be so muddy. I get a little discouraged riding with Jon and Karen because I am so much slower than they are. I do my best but can't even come close to keeping up. My shoelace got caught in the chain ring and I had no choice but to tip over. The bruises from my last fall were just about gone. It seems I get a new set each weekend.

I was disappointed that Jon had decided not to stay to watch the aggie game on tv and instead was going to take Sarah home because she had plans with a friend. But at the last minute her plans got cancelled so Jon and I were able to watch the game afterall. Mom provided us along with Karen, Wayne, Tanner and Anjali to pizza and pepsi in exchange for helping her move some furniture around. She was so tickled and so were we. The Aggies had a great game winning 43-10 over NM Lobos.

I got a text message from Rich. He cut Diesel's long curly hair and sent a picture to prove it. I got to talk to the boys on the phone. I about cried with joy.

Rich took a picture of the boys (exactly as they were at that moment) They were eating pancakes. "Ry Ry" as they call him got eaten by mosquitos last night. He looks so different with his big boy haircut. And Rocky has big teeth now and Diesel HAS teeth. I need to go visit!















No comments:

Post a Comment