Jon and Amanda drove up this afternoon. Despite them overshooting the Logan exit Jon dropped Amanda off in a nick of time to meet me at the Logan Temple to do an endowment session. Then Amanda hung out at mom's while Jon, me, Karen, Wayne met Craig & Mardyne (who had saved us seats) at the USU Aggie vs BYU football game. Anjali sold me an extra ticket for Jon for $30 since the game was sold out. There was much hope and energy in the beginning as we were picked to win but in the first quarter Chuckie Keaton injured his knee and is out for the season. Everything was downhill from there and became a game of boring punts. We lost 31-14.
| Wayne, Karen, Mardyne & Craig (while things were still hopeful) |
| Jon and me before the dread set in |
I followed Jon and Amanda to SLC to make it in time for realtor Dave to show us a few more homes for sale. They were better than the ones we've seen before but I don't know if any of them were the "one." Jon is running out of time to reinvest his Duplex money. Then Amanda and I watched General conference then headed to the afternoon session at the conference center as Amanda had really good tickets. We took the trax train and made it at 1:30 (the time we needed to be in our seats) only to discover long lines and that we had forgotten the tickets. It would take a miracle to be able to get in. Amanda called Jon who dropped off our tickets. We literally ran the 3 or 4 blocks to the end of one of the many lines. We were stopped by an usher who suggested a shorter line but it wasn't. I ran around the building searching for a shorter line unsuccessfully then was stopped by the usher again as I tried to back in line with Amanda. We made it to the front door at 1:59, feeling sure they would close the doors. But the ushers just kept letting people in calmly as if time meant nothing.
We made it to our seats ( 50 yards straight back from the prophet on row k) only to find one seat available. We stood there while the opening hymn was being sung. I told the usher that Amanda could sit there and I would find another seat but she said, "No, these are your seats and you should be able to sit there. But it was if she didn't have a clue how to fix the problem. Eventually we were seated in an empty row across the aisle and enjoyed the meeting. Outside there were protestors including a "Satan" who had a big banner reading, "Street preachers are Satan's missionaries." I wasn't sure whose side they were on.
| "Satan" is on the Right |
![]() |
| Ezra standing on the bathroom sink during cleanup |
I found my seat. Soon I had little Ezra on my lap with his blankey. The game hadn't even started yet and he was begging to go home. I was pleased I still had my bag of dried apples which Ezra chowed down on. I was excited to see Nolan in the Soccer parade but suddenly Ezra began throwing up.....a lot.....all over me, him, my backpack and the seat in front of us. Luckily nobody was sitting close enough to get hit. I sat there for a bit just wondering where to start the cleanup. Justin ran to get some towels and a cleaning crew. Ezra & I headed to the restroom, blankey and backpack in tow. The restroom towels are useless for cleaning up slimy up-chunks. I'm not sure I didn't just make a bigger mess. When we found our seats again we had missed the parade and the game had started. It was cold, our clothes now being wet and Justin promised we would go home at half-time. Nolan's half time game was a bit disappointing as they set their little goals up on the opposite end of the field and it was impossible to even make out boys from girls at that distance, let alone your own child.Kenzee's dad returned with a big bag of popcorn and at that moment I knew leaving now would be impossible. The game eventually ended. I knew Nolan must be cold by the size of the goosebumps on his legs but he never complained. I was so grateful that they gave me a ride back to my car so the people on the train wouldn't catch a whiff of my stench. The soccer game must have impressed Nolan as he has begun decorating his house with RSL banners. (Reale Salt Lake)![]() |
| Lucy Anna at 3 months |
I stopped to see Daren's family and snapped a photo of his latest creation. This is a 6' tall corpse. A piece of art?
I must admit he is quite talented and creative.



Sorry the soccer game was such an ordeal for you. I didn't realize you were wanting to leave so badly... you could have left at any time. Justin would have taken you.
ReplyDelete