We had our annual office Christmas party today. The white elephant game is always the highlight. Some people get very creative with their gifts. When Andy opened his up (a little stuffed brown beaver) I think everyone felt sorry for him but I had my eyes on it. I stole it from him and had a plan that made me giddy. After the party I drove down to Jon's and put the little beaver in the rat trap in the garage. Every time we get in the car I always say, "You caught something." Of course I have played wolf so much now that he is onto me. This time was the same way and I said, "No really, you caught something" and added some horrified facial expressions. I stood way back and sneaked the camera out of my pocket to catch his expression. He didn't dare get close to it. Then Anne, Melissa and Jenny Jo pulled up and Jenny Jo didn't know what to make of it either. I so enjoyed the prank.
Jon took Sarah and I to dinner at the Paris for his birthday. It was such a treat. The next day we went to the Bischoff family Christmas party at Jon's church house. We played the usual white elephant game. I wrapped up the infamous army helmet but I had put it on a styrofoam head and pasted a face picture of Jon wearing some crazy glasses. I don't think anybody recognized his face though. It wasn't quite the joke I had hoped for but at least I got rid of the helmet.
No comments:
Post a Comment