Saturday, January 11, 2014

Snow Days

Karen and I made a goal that we would play racket-ball at 5:30 p.m. every Tuesday. We can sure tell that we are getting older. We move a lot slower, get dizzy when turning around and have a very difficult time remembering the score. The games always go the same. Three games to 15 points. While we can have long and competitive volleys, I ALWAYS end up losing. Sometimes the games are close, sometimes not but the ending is always the same. Karen wins, no matter what injuries she is dealing with. It's okay. I'm used to it and it is still fun. Karen dust mops the court before we start because it is filthy and slippery.

Sandra Checketts, Me, Brenda Tullis, Karen
Fri-Jan 10th I had the day off so Karen, me, Brenda Tullis and Sandra Checkett's decided to go snowshoeing with the "Likin Hikin Ladies" who planned to do Stump Hollow. We waited at the trailhead for an hour for them but they never showed up. Turns out the road advisory scared them away. The snow was deep and if it had not been for a started trail we probably wouldn't have gone. It got pretty steep and so we didn't go too far. Next we had lunch at the Beaver Mountain lodge then did a half day of skiing/boarding. Karen & I were on boards. It felt wonderful to be outside. There was lots of good powder but just not enough snow for coverage and it was quite cold and windy. Still we had an awesome time!

Sat-Jon left for Washington DC today so I had a Saturday to myself. I had planned to finally get some things done around the house...but I find it impossible to turn down an invitation to play outside. Karen, Wayne, me and Debbie Roghaar went x-country skiing up Green canyon as far as the yurt. It was a perfect day. It took 1 1/2 hours to reach the yurt and about 40 minutes to ski out. On our way out, Bruce Roghaar met us about 1/2 way down. We were all surprised to see him.

                                                                    Mom and I watched the Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints in the playoffs for the football championship. It was so fun and exciting to watch and especially fun to see Aggie stars, Robert Turbin and Bobby Wagner playing for Seattle.  I hope they make it to the Super bowl! Mom and I had a great time. First we had a football party, then watched the Aggie basketball team play Nevada on the computer. That game didn't go so well.





1 comment: