Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

I don't know when I've ever been so happy to kick a year to the past and start a new one with renewed hope and optimism. 2013 didn't go so well except there was a great part in the middle called, "Switzerland" and then it did end off on a happy note with Jodi finally getting a house.
New Year's Eve me, Jon, Karen, Wayne, Terry & Janet Robison went to dinner at the Rio Grande Cafe in Salt Lake. The food was cheap and good and the company even better. It was so fun to be able to catch up with the Robisons.


Jon, me, Wayne, Sarah, Kristi, Esther (Karen is taking picture)
Afterwards Campbells, Jon & me went to his house and played a couple games then decided to celebrate by going to bed before midnight. I really wanted to go sledding at Sugar House park at the stroke of midnight but laziness set in. I must do it next year.


The next morning we joined up with Esther and Kristi Kannaple and Sarah and went x-country skiing in the Uintas. It was a beautiful day and a perfect trail. It felt so wonderful to be outside and enjoy some fresh air.



Back at home Karen & I played cards with mom and Mardyne. It was a lot of fun except that the Aggies lost by 1 point to Air Force tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment