Aug 13-me, Jon, Wayne & Karen went to the Dutch oven cookout and show at Pickleville playhouse. It was raining but the meal was delicious. The play was Beauty and the Beast. It was so professional and Debbie Ditton from the ward played the part of Mrs. Potts. Don and Michelle (Hooper) Greene met us at the play then we spent the night with them at their beautiful cabin on the East side of the lake.
| Don & Michelle Greene |
| Wayne |
| Karen |
| Jon |
| Me wakeboarding |
Karen, Michelle & I all wake boarded then we tried "surfing." It's a fairly new sport using a surfboard the size of a wakeboard only without any boots. The idea is to be on a short rope and pull yourself up to just behind the boat, then you throw the rope in and surf on the boat's wake. It looked so fun but I never could get up on that board and nearly drown trying. I was so proud of Karen though who was at least able to stand up on it. We had a great time.
![]() |
| Karen surfing |
Aug 15-I headed to Jon's after work. We ate dinner downtown at Cafe Molese then went to the Broadway show "Wicked." It was so amazing. It makes me want to see if a few times as I had a hard time understanding all the dialog and lyrics but it was really expensive. It was such a treat to have a nice date with my sweetie.
The next morning we joined Paul and Phyllis and Roger and Jen for a combo bike/hike near Alta. We rode bikes from Snowbird to the trailhead then hiked Catherine's pass. It was a beautiful crisp day and many people were out enjoying it.
That evening we attended the wedding of Jon's next door neighbor Vicki Sipple. The food was catered by the Red Iguana and was amazing. I stopped at Daren's on the way home and took them some ice cream bars. Noel has to have surgery on her leg Monday morning.
Sunday I went to RS very nervous about having to teach. Much to my surprise, Emily Stauffer got up and taught instead. I wondered if I had been released. Afterwards I hurried home to investigate and discovered I teach next week! Dang. Another week to be stressed!


No comments:
Post a Comment