That night Jon, along with his neighbor friends Paul and Phyllis came up and spent the night. The next morning Karen and Wayne joined us and we biked Green Canyon. It was a beautiful day and the trail was perfect. Afterwards we visited with mom and took a refreshing dip in the pool then enjoyed some Aggie icecream. That night we all went to dinner at Elements. It was a beautiful evening out on the patio and the food awesome as usual.
The next morning we went to the Gardner's market. Jon, Paul and Phyllis headed home. It was a great weekend and so fun to have friends come and play in "my sandbox."
Jon and Sarah came up for Labor Day. On Sunday evening mom had arranged to be able to watch the first Aggie football game vs Tennessee on her tv. Jon, Sarah & I, along with Karen gathered in Mom's living room with pizza, lots of snacks and great hope. The hope was quickly dashed to pieces though as the Ag's didn't play very well, losing 31-7. It was quite painful to watch.
Monday was the most gorgeous day and my 2nd wedding anniversary. (37 years for Karen and Wayne). Jon, Sarah, Karen & I rode our mountain bikes up the Stump Hollow trail. We rode about 5 miles (mostly up) and then hiked a short distance to Peter Sinks to where we could see the Campbell Scientific weather equipment. The trail was beautiful through the pines. I don't think Sarah liked it much but she was a really good sport.
On the way down, Karen & I were waiting for Jon and Sarah when suddenly we heard what sounded like a gun shot. It was actually Karen's rear tire exploding. The sidewall ripped open but was still holding air. She hurried down and was able to make it all the way.
Jon and Sarah headed home about 3:30. I can't believe it is our 2nd wedding anniversary already. I gave him a card and some chocolate cinnamon bears. He gave me a mug (cleanest kitchen award-really cute) filled with chocolate kisses. He is such a great man and I feel so blessed that he is part of my life. We sure do have fun times together!
It's been a fun week.
No comments:
Post a Comment