Sunday, January 11, 2015

Down Hill X-country skiing

Fri-Jan 9
Alysa and I went to visit Ryan at the prison. He looked pretty good and is growing some hair. His attitude is really good and he seems to be on the right path to redemption. His stories of how the inmates can make the most creative things from almost nothing astounds me. No wonder they are allowed so little. Still I can see how there needs to be many reforms to our prison system.

Saturday Jon, Sarah and I went x-country skiing up the Albion basin and skied down mostly through an easy ski run in Alta. Easy as it might have been for regular skiers, it was hair-raising for at least me on those skinny x-country skis. It was fun now knowing I survived but I think I prefer a more level terrain with less people. That afternoon we went to visit Justin's family and take them their Christmas presents. It took a long time for Lucy to warm up to me. I definitely need to spend more time with that little girl. That night we went to dinner with Daren, Jessika and Josh. It was really fun for me to be with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment