
Karen and I started a tradition a few years ago to sled down Beaver Mountain on our birthday. The day falls perfectly because Beaver closed yesterday (they don't allow tubing) and there is still pretty good snow. She picked me up from work at 11:00 and we hiked to the top. It only took an hour this time. It was the most beautiful day. We climbed up into the highest chair on the lift that was facing the valley and ate our cold pizza lunch. It was surreal sitting up there on such a spectacular day enjoying everything about it.
The ride down only took 10 minutes. The conditions couldn't have been more perfect. I can't wait til next year! I only missed 3.5 hours of work and nobody even missed me. :) Mom surprised me by stopping by the office and bringing me the most thoughtful and precious gift and card. It meant a lot to me.
 |
| The view from our lunch chair swing |
 |
| Turned out my pants slid just as well as the sled! |
 |
| Karen showing off her professional sledding form |
 |
| Josh and Mariah playing basketball at the Jump Zone |
Right after work Karen had invited me and her family to the "Jump Zone." It is a trampoline park. Karen, Me, Mariah, Josh, Thomas, Sharli and little Bethany showed up. It was so much fun. I did my first flip (landing in a foam pit) and made it to the top of the climbing wall too.
 |
| Karen and I blowing out our candles. That should say 85. That's how I feel tonight. :) |
After that Karen hosted a picnic at Braegger park and her whole family came (except Katie's) We had cake and ice cream and not only celebrated our birthdays but Wayne's retirement tomorrow.
What a great day!!!
This is to let you know I really do read your blog! And you were missed at work (but we knew what you were up to!)
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a fun birthday! We have a little gift for you when we see you next... at the baptism I guess. Wish we would have been with you to celebrate your big day!
ReplyDelete