| Our new band trailer |
A few young men/women arrived to push them around in their wheelchairs for the dance. It was hard to tell if they were really enjoying it or about to puke. It was a lot of fun and many of them sang along as we played songs from their era.
Thur Aug 13-We played at 7:00 at the Franklin County Fair. It was perfect weather and we even got paid $250. It was so much fun! I think the song that was the funnest was "Your Lips are Movin." We got Anjali to come up on stage and do the rap part. She was amazing. The song might actually be nasty but we are too old to know better and if anyone does know the words then that must mean they listen to it and like it. Colleen really wore herself out though. She leaves it all on the stage. Karen got word from Mariah that Hope the Cat passed away on her rug in the garage. Hope and I arrived in Providence at the same time in 1998. She had quite the 9 lives!
Fri Aug 14-This morning we took the boat to Hyrum dam and took Kami & Porter and their 2 kids and Anjali and Grahm. Porter and I skied but the water was really rough. I'm surprised I was able to get up. We also found Alice Carlisle's family on the beach and took them as well. Little 4 year old Kyler (who was born with the organs outside his body) loved it. He rode the tube and even got to drive the boat.
Tonight we played for the Providence South Stake High Priests and their wives. There were lots of familiar faces in the audience including Annette College. She said afterwards how hard it was for her to listen to songs we used to do as it made her sad but she had some helpful feedback and said she would help Mardyne with some songs. The band is really fun and we are getting better and better but I still miss the connection with Janet, Anne and Annette. It's just not quite the same but then I guess I shouldn't expect that.
No comments:
Post a Comment