
Amanda designed and pretty much carved the Bischoff pumpkin this year. I did my part by eating most of the seeds.
On Halloween, since we were already in Logan (with our bikes) for the Friday night football game we went for a ride. I think it will become known as my favorite Cache Valley bike ride. Jon and I started at the parking area in Green Canyon and rode along the deer fence to First Dam. The idea was to meet Karen and Wayne there who were riding from their house along the deer fence. Our segment was easy and only took about 15 minutes. We knew their segment would take about an hour so we decided to check out the canal trail. It is the section of the mountain canal that was covered up. It will eventually be opened for hikers but right now it is closed as it is a liability issue for the County. I figured if we got hurt we would take responsibility for ourselves and not blame the County. The trail was always a topic of discussion when I served on the Trails Committee for work, so I just had to check it out. It was so spectacular and I'm so glad we did it. (Whoever reads this......please don't turn us in!) Once we met Wayne and Karen we took the new trail on the North side of the highway connecting to the Stokes/River trail. We rode that to 3rd dam then came back by way of the canal trail so Karen and Wayne could see it too. It was so beautiful with all the colored fallen leaves. Then Campbells headed home and we rode back to Green Canyon by way of the trail along the canal leading through the golf course and Lundstrom park. It spit us out on 1700 North so we just had a few blocks to reach our car. It was a 16 mile loop of pure joy and definitely a ride we'll want to do a lot. Afterwards we had a good visit and ate our leftovers from Texas Roadhouse last night before heading home. It's always such a blast when we visit "home."
![]() |
| Me and Karen on the Logan River trail |


No comments:
Post a Comment