Sunday, April 7, 2013

March 30-Happy Birthday to me and Karen!

The day didn't start off too happy. I spent the morning throwing up in reaction to a drug the Dr had prescribed to help me sleep. The last month I had been been sick with various ailments but mostly my usual nagging raspy cough that seems to appear whenever I need to be strong and healthy the most. The doctor is sure it is asthma but agreed to figure it out since I told him we had met our max on our insurance so everything between now and July would be covered. A chest x-ray came back normal which was a relief since last time I had one done, before my sinus surgery it showed signs of "copd." A pulmonary function test is scheduled in a month and then allergy testing. I'm 99.9% sure it is exercise/stress induced asthma but at least once I know what it is I can deal with it. The day got better as at 4:00 mom treated her children and their siblings to dinner at Maddox. It was wonderful to be able to enjoy a couple hours of relaxed conversation and good food. Jon even drove up for it.

Afterwards I drove to Salt Lake and spent the weekend at Jon's. He gave me a backpack for our hut to hut trip and some chocolate. He is always so thoughtful and gives the perfect gifts. The next day was Easter. I got to hide the eggs (real ones) in the living room and Jon put out Easter basket's for the girls. They still want him to. Later we had Daren, Jessika and Josh over for a ham dinner. Justin's family couldn't make it. I had bought a cheap ham and had been storing it in Karen's fridge. I got a text message from her on my way down that I had taken her very large and expensive honey glazed spiral
ham instead of mine. We laughed about it and I promised to bring her the leftovers home. Easter is my favorite holiday. It is relaxed and yet so significant. What greater event to celebrate than the resurrection of our Savior and the hope of Eternal Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment