Sunday, May 19, 2013

Moab May 17-19

Paul & Phyllis, Roger & Jen, Jon & I headed to Moab to do some mountain biking and hiking. It is always so much fun to be with these friends. We stopped a few miles outside of Moab to take a ride to "Hidden Canyon." Paul had been there many times in his younger days so it was good to have someone along who knew where to go. Even though he is legally blind we always seem to count on him to be our tour guide.

That night we ate at a local favorite "Eddie McStiffs" then headed to our condo just South of town. Jon, Phyllis & I enjoyed soaking our bods in the hot tub. 
The next morning we rode Klondyke Bluffs. It was my 3rd time and one of my favorite rides. Just a few yards from the end of the ride the the chain broke on Paul & Phyllis's tandem. Their chain broke on the same ride last year. We stopped at Chili Peppers bike shop in town for a quick fix then headed out to hike to Corona Arch. Unfortunately nobody could be seen swinging from it while we were there but I could tell it would be very exciting. 





That night we ate a Buck's Bar & Grill which is going to have to be a tradition. I ordered "Polenta Lasagna." It was incredible. 
The next morning we said goodbye to Roger and Jen (Roger accidentally took my bag of groceries and cookies in container to the dumpster thinking it was the kitchen garbage). Paul, Phyllis, Jon & I each paid $25 to Coyote Shuttle for a lift up the Dead Horse point road. We were let out to enjoy a 13 mile (mostly downhill) ride past Gemini Bridges and back to our car. It was a blast. Then we headed home. I just love Moab. There are so many trails to explore. So much to do .....so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment