Mariah goes through the temple
May 29th Mariah Campbell took out her endowment in the Logan Temple. It was pretty special as all of Wayne & Karen's children were there. Mom, Mardyne & me also got to be there. Mom didn't think she would make it because of an episode of hives but she surprised us. I think I only dozed off 16 or 17 times. I always feel so sorry for the deceased person I am going through for. Why do they have to make it so relaxing! It would be my dream to be in the temple with all my kids. That will never happen (without a huge miracle) but it was great watching it happen for Karen. There was an empty seat between Wayne and Jared and I imagine dad was using it. Going through the veil made me excited for the day I can do it for real and greet loved ones on the other side.
That night we had a cookout at Campbells followed by an intense double elimination ping pong tournament. Karen won (as usual).....but I think I found my sport. Ironically none of the games were won by more than 2 points! Here's a picture of the competitors. The kids were constantly being reminded that only "big kids" could play. They were really good to just entertain themselves with a croquet ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment