June 15-Jon and I went to Summerfest to enjoy some music then Wayne, Karen, Jon & I rode our bikes from 1st dam to Spring Hollow then hiked the Crimson trail. We had hoped to go water skiing afterwards but we must be getting older as it was even difficult to keep up with the Conga line as Salsa Brava at Summerfest that night. My legs were done. Cache Valley is a great place to live. It reminds me of Brigadoon. All the townspeople come out to enjoy a summer day then quickly it's time to go back into hibernation for the winter again. Summer here is a bit short!
I was really missing dad on Father's day and just wished I could take him a gift and give him a big hug. I had to settle for planting an iron flower I bought at summerfest and visiting him at his grave. It was a beautiful night. I can just hear him say, "Oh honey, you didn't need to get me anything!" Love that man.


No comments:
Post a Comment