The legal assistants from our office; me, Anne, Roswitha, Trudy, & Emily were able to attend the UPAA conference held in Bryce Canyon. What a beautiful spot to hold a conference. I could hardly wait to get out and play. The first night we went to dinner in Panguitch then to see a movie in the old theater there called, "Ephraim's Rescue" which was about the rescue of the Martin handcart company. The next day after our classes we took the shuttle into the canyon and hiked the rim trail. I may have forced it on everybody a bit but I think they all had a good time. The conference got out at 1:00 on Friday and everybody went home except Anne & I. We drove back into the canyon and hiked the Navajo trail and then did one of my favorite short hikes, "Mossy Cave." Afterwards we had a subway picnic near the pool and enjoyed the hot tub.
| Emily, Anne, Me, Janice (from Hurricane), Trudy, Roswitha |
Later as we were returning to our room after getting some ice cream we sat to watch a group of oriental ladies square dancing to american music. It was very entertaining. Little did we know we would soon be part of the entertainment. We were encouraged to join the group and had to quickly decide whether to be the part of the boy or the girl. The next few minutes were a blur as Anne and I became entangled in a dance we knew nothing about but one of the other ladies was always there to twirl or dos & doe us into our place. It was a blast! I'm sure a lot more fun for us than for them. I sure appreciated Nancy who chose to stay behind and cover the office. It allowed us to enjoy our time away a lot more.


No comments:
Post a Comment