June 27, 2013 at 11:50 a.m. Lucy Anna Petersen arrived weighing 6 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches tall. She has just the right amount of soft dark hair. I think she looks like a girl version of Nolan but really has her own look. We are all crazy about her. Justin can hardly put her down. It's been a bit of a challenge getting a turn in. While most women feel a need to share their most
birthing stories, it is Justin who is sharing HIS story. The women's center suddenly found themselves short handed as Lucy was arriving so Justin was "suited" up and with instructions from the doctor actually delivered his little girl. It was a pretty traumatic and special experience for him. I'm so glad she arrived safely!
 |
| Getting ready to meet baby sister |
 |
| "Dr" Petersen with his new little daughter |
I left work and arrived in time to take the boys to see their new little sister. They were "tickled pink." They liked her almost as much as going to McDonalds afterwards. I can tell they are going to be terrific big brothers.
 |
| First Family Photo with Lucy |
The boys and I had a water balloon war. It took a whole lot longer to fill them up than pop them. Later we set up the "slip n slide" which was perfect for such a hot day.


Justin and Kenzee surprised us by bringing Lucy home around 7 p.m. on Friday. Nolan gave her a tour of her new digs. She is so tiny and cute. She's actually a couple pounds smaller than Nolan was and a couple inches shorter too.
Justin was up quite a bit that first night and even gave me a turn on duty.
Kenzee seems to be recovering really fast. Either that or she's just really tough.
Saturday morning I took the boys on a walk to the park. We played "Pirate Ship" on the playground equipment . I must admit, I surprised even myself with my own creativity. We even found a rope swing while hunting for buried treasure. Mostly we just found garbage though.
Later the boys and I had a picnic and swim at the Stansbury pool. I felt bad though that Nolan got his face sunburned. Ezra enjoyed a little swim and a good long nap. Sunday, Justin & I took the boys to church. There were lots of congrats even though they didn't announce Lucy in any meetings. The word gets out fast with Facebook. I headed home after church but plan to go back next weekend and try to feel needed again. It's the grandma's right to visit when a baby is born right? Poor Sheri will have to wait her turn. I'm sure she can hardly wait!
Next week the boys and I are excited to spend the 4th of July at "Grandpa J's" house.
No comments:
Post a Comment