Sunday, September 15, 2013

Peay Family Reunion

Sept 13-I've never liked the color of my dining room wall and finally decided to just paint it the same color as the ceiling. Boring I know. It took me 13 hours. Mom came over and kept me company most of the day. I would have been picking pears today but Thursday night when I got home from work my little elfin (Karen) had already picked them and placed them neatly in 4 bushel baskets on my deck. I don't know what I would do without her. It allowed me to go for a run on the Providence canyon trail instead.

Back to the paint..... Even though I thought I was being careful, I made quite a mess and once even stepped down right into the paint tray!

Mom introducing her family. I am the obedient one paying attention!
Bobbi Dawn, Mom, Jodi, Carlene
Sept 14-I did a 5k run for work at the fairgrounds then Mom, Craig, Wayne, Karen, me, Dale, Myrlynn headed to American Fork canyon for a very rare Peay reunion. We missed Mardyne who was at the "Time out for Women" conference. It was so fun to see some of my Peay cousins that I haven't seen for years and years. I don't think I've seen Tracy since I was about 10 years old. He was the cutest little boy. Now we are all old. It was like fast forwarding 50 years. There was a representative of all mom's brothers except Grant, Lloyd & Dean. On a sad note, Charlene told us she found out last night that she has cancer. I sure hope she can beat it. She is such a wonderful lady. Our family had to leave early as we wanted to be back for the homecoming football game.





Before we left Randy and Bobby Dawn played their guitars and sang a few songs. It brought back a lot of great memories. I was so glad we got to go.
















The game wasn't very fun for mom. After the fiasco of trying to get her football tickets this year, they stopped her at the gate because her ticket was scanned as "unknown." She was so upset and they called security. She eventually made it into the game but it had already been ruined for her. We spent much of the first half trying to find her with binoculars. She finally went and sat in the car. I felt so sorry for her.....and sorry for the ticket taker who I'm sure heard an ear full and really knew nothing of the situation. It rained hard the second half but we stuck it out watching the Aggies second and third string players beat Weber 70-6. The Aggies were cheering for the Wildcats. I'm starting a new half-time tradition of visiting dad's grave at halftime since he "lives" right across the street from the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment