Aug 29-The first Aggie football game of the season kicked off in SLC against the Utes. I could hardly wait. Craig, Mardyne, Wayne, Karen, Mom and I watched the game on mom's tv with the usual plethora of snacks. It was an awesome game but the Ag's lost by just two points. They looked really good, especially Q.B. Chuckie Keaton and the receivers. We sure missed dad though!
Aug 30-Sept 2
 |
| Wayne, Karen, Me, Chris & Sandra Checketts |
Karen and I had planned to celebrate our wedding anniversaries (my #1) camping in Heber. We ended up being invited to stay at Janet Robison's family cabin in the mountains East of Heber. Chris and Sandra Checketts came along and we brought motorcycles and 4-wheelers. The cabin was so neat and tucked away in the dense forest. We spent the day on Friday visiting "Swiss Days" in Midway and listening to a really talented yodeler. Deiter Uchtdorf was there and I must admit was even better looking in person. He couldn't even move out of the crowd for all the people who wanted to shake his hand. That night we watched the movie, "Babe" in preparation for watching the sheep herding competition tomorrow. I wished Jon could have made it up tonight but he had decided to go on a business trip and won't be up til tomorrow morning.
 |
| Janet, Sandra, Karen, Me |
The next morning we fixed a huge breakfast. Since Jon still hadn't arrived I stayed behind to clean up, wait for him, and practice my martyrdom while the others went for a ride since Chris and Sandra needed to leave soon. I didn't have any phone service so I was hoping Jon would be able to find the cabin okay. He arrived around 10:30. When the others returned the Campbells and Bischoffs rode motorcycles and Robisons drove their car to the sheep dog competition at Soldier Hollow. It was so fascinating. None of the dogs we watched though were able to complete their final goal of herding the sheep into the pen.
Afterwards we had a picnic at a park and went for a short hike while Terry and Janet waited for us. That night we had sloppy Joes again and watched the movie, "Tower Heist." I had hoped to celebrate our anniversary by sharing the top layer of our wedding cake but it had been left behind. Jon gave me the book "Pride and Prejudice" and I gave him some Bluebirds and a backpacking fire starter kit.
We left the next morning. We made it to Jon's in time for me to go to Sacrament Meeting with Amanda. Jon decided to go for a run. Today is our real anniversary. It was a little anti-climatic since it was fast Sunday. That night was one of the most terrible nights of my life which details I will save for my personal journal. But life goes on and so will I.
 |
| The Splash dog competition |
 |
| Jon and me in front of the cabin |
Sept 2nd-I spent Sunday night at Justin's snuggling (and being tortured) by Nolan and Ezra who seemed pretty excited to be able to sleep with Grandma K. The next morning was a special treat as Justin, me and the boys went on a truck ride in our original 1979 GMC on a very bumpy dirt road and hiked for 3 miles. It was good to get out and clear my head a bit. I sure have some cute grandkids! I knew holding Lucy would be the best medicine and she really helped.
 |
| Nolan, Ezra & Justin |
 |
| Ezra, Me & Nolan |
 |
| My sweet little "LucyLu" |
No comments:
Post a Comment