Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bear Lake Aug 23 & 24

Aug 23 Karen and Wayne pulled their trailer to the Big Creek Campground #30 at Rondevoux beach and invited any family to come play. Karen & I went over early and found Mariah and 2 friends who had spent the night. We took them water skiing.....well Karen and I went skiing and the girls had a blast jumping back and forth from the tube to the water weenie. The weather was not the burning hot sun we had hoped but turned very cold and stormy. Jared and Ashley and their kids, Molly and Texas arrived. Tex had a bad eye infection so Jared ended up taking him to the Insta care in Logan then came back.
It was a special time for Mariah who was enjoying her last water skiing for awhile as she leaves for her mission in 3 days.
The water was probably warmer than the air. I love this lake!
Wayne, Karen, Mariah & I went to the Pickleville playhouse that night, "Bandito Rides Again." They had sold out but set us up some folding chairs on the aisle. I was practically sitting on the stage. It was hysterical and very entertaining. Afterwards we enjoyed the huge bbq meal they provide (for a price). When we got back to camp Daren and Noel, Jessika and Josh were there. They had their tent set up. It was a somewhat miserable night as Daren was up a lot trying to keep the stakes down, the air mattress Jessika and I were sharing in the tent deflated and Jessika got sick was was coughing most of the night, Noel was sick and went to share the car with Josh who wasn't allowed to sleep with anybody due to his chronic night screams. (Hmmm, I wonder why?) Karen and Wayne were in the motor home with 2 crying children. I probably slept the best.

The next morning we fixed a fabulous breakfast of blueberry pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, cantaloup and bacon.

Noel and Daren cooking the bacon
Jessika, Mariah, Daren, Josh, Karen? and Jared. Karen didn't get a lot of sleep ha ha.
Josh, Jessika, Jared, Molly
Even though the weather never did warm up we spent a couple good hours playing in the water and skiing. Josh was scared of the boat at first as he had never ridden in one but soon became a regular fish. Jared spent most of the day building dams at the little river. Having a child with him validated his need to play in the sand.
Josh, Noel, Daren, Jessika




Kyle, Celeste and Landon, Thomas, Sharli and Bethany showed up and stayed until after dinner. Just as we were about to witness Jared, Kyle and Daren battle it out on the water weenie, a thunder storm brewed and we decided we'd better get off the water. Karen served us all sloppy joes and salad.
It was great to be in a nice trailer instead of battling the storms in a tent. It was really fun to be able to spend some time with some of our kids and both Karen and I were glad that it was them with the little kids now and not us! The next morning we got up early to head back in time for church. Karen was insistent that Mariah & I enjoy just laying in the bed of the trailer while Wayne pulled it home. It was fun until it started to move and then I got car sick and "endured" until reaching home. I'll keep that a little secret and let Karen enjoy the ride next time. 

Karen & Me
I don't know what life would be without Karen who plans and carries out ALL our family fun. When she dropped me off at home she announced she already has our next adventure planned. Can't wait!






No comments:

Post a Comment