Sunday, February 9, 2014

Another night with Mom

Feb 8th
I always look forward to any time I can spend with my mom. Karen & Wayne, Deb & Bruce Roghaar, Sharli & I took an hour to x-country ski at the Logan River golf course. We have had a lot of snow this week with over 31" dumping (finally) on Beaver Mountain. Last week in church we were asked to fast and pray for water and our prayers were answered in a big way.

Later Mom let me use her extra Aggie basketball ticket and we joined Craig, Mardyne, Karen & Wayne to watch the Ag's win over Boise. I spent the night at mom's having a good visit and dreaming and exploring a girl trip to Cabo San Lucas.

The next morning we got in a religious discussion. With tears in her eyes mom bore the most heartfelt and sincere testimony of the truthfulness of Joseph Smith, eternal life and the gospel. She didn't always "know" these things to be true but bore a strong witness that she had received a confirmation and that she now Knows these things to be true and that we Will live together again as a family. She is sure dad is building her a mansion in heaven. I believe her. I think she loves my dad more now than ever and is looking forward to being reunited with him. Her testimony meant so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment