
Jan 31 - Jon and his co-worker friend Darrin Sjoblom drove up and met Wayne, Karen & I at Beaver for a half day. The Beav had 11 new inches in the last couple days; still not enough to cover all the bushes but enough new powder to make us all happy. The sun even came out! We had so much fun. I was so torn about whether to stay the whole day with Karen or ride to SLC with Jon. Karen was attempting a box jump (at my insistence) and hit ice on the top and went down hard on her back. She didn't say anything because she didn't want anybody to know how bad it was. She had just finished telling me how January had been the best month because her pains were all getting better. I felt so bad for encouraging her. A tv show, "Food Court Wars" was filming in the lodge. Karen & I wanted some food samples so we had to sign a lengthy release form and get our mug shots taken before we could "enter." We were hoping to become "extras" on the show but the cameras weren't paying any attention to us. We sat down at a table and suddenly it was "acton" and the main host, a guy named Tyler entered on camera and stopped in front of me and Karen and did a short interview asking questions about the meatball sandwich I was eating. They did a couple "takes" with him. It was kind of exciting. Maybe we will FINALLY be discovered haha.

Feb 1 - Jon's neighbors, Roger & Jen, Paul & Phyllis, Sarah, me and Jon took a snow hike up the Killyon Canyon in Emigration canyon. It was a perfect day for it and we even saw 2 moose. I got to tend Ezra and Lucy while Justin & Kenzee took Nolan to a Folk dance show at the Conference center. Lucy got a bit of a boo boo face at first like she was scared of me but then settled in and even took a nap. She is a perfect baby. It was fun. That night Jon and I and Paul & Phyllis went to dinner at the Sizzler. Sydney and her boyfriend Kyle were there too. It was great to see her and meet her boyfriend.
 |
| No, I did not put makeup on her! Somehow the beautiful headband flower fell off though. |
Feb 2 - Ever since learning that former Aggie football players are on the Seattle Seahawks pro team I have been wishing they would make it to a super bowl. Mom hosted a party for the game today between the Seahawks and Denver Broncos. She provided quite the party feast.
The Broncos were picked to win but nothing went right for them and everything went right for Seattle who won 43-8. It was a great game and so fun to watch it with Dale, Myrlynn, Mar, Craig & Mom. The only way it could have been better is if Jon would have come up for it but right now he is concentrating on his fatherhood duties.
No comments:
Post a Comment