April 25-Jon came up and mowed my lawn while I was at work. It was such a big help. We signed up to do the CAPSA 5k race fund raiser at 6:30. It was cold and raining and cost $40 but we decided to do it anyway. It was a nice course running along the Logan river trail. Jon finished in about 29 minutes and me in about 30. Afterwards we had dinner donated by Noodles & Co. I waited for an hour in the rain and about froze to death to hear the race results while Jon waited in the car. I was pretty sure Jon or me had won our division since I think we were the oldest ones running. It took forever because they had to re-calculate one of the divisions. They finally announced the male winner over age 55. Jon didn't win but I was sure I had won mine figuring I had no competition but after announcing the male winner they just thanked everybody for coming. I said, "What about the woman over age 55?" They just shrugged their shoulders and said, "oh, well we didn't get to that one." I went home so dejected, disappointed and old.
No comments:
Post a Comment