Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend


May 17-Jon came up and we had a great bike ride along the deer fence in Providence to Green canyon and then down to visit mom. It was the first time I haven't had to walk my bike on any hills. Near Green Canyon I almost ran over a snake. Mom is doing a little better each day. She always loves it when Jon comes. I have been spending almost every night with her and have sure enjoyed it. 

This is along the deer fence with the beautiful Cache Valley in the background

Saturday-May 24 I tried to clean the hard water stains off Dad's headstone. I didn't do a very good job and will need to try again. I wanted it to look really nice for Memorial Day.


Early this morning Chris and Sandra Checketts and Jon and I rode 5 miles up Green Canyon. It was such a blast and a perfect day for it. I must admit that the ride back (downhill) was much funner than going up. I didn't even have any wrecks this time! Afterwards we spent a few hours with mom and enjoyed relaxing by the pool. Later Jon got my motorcyle running and we had a wonderful ride up Blacksmith Fork Canyon on it. 



After the ride, Jon and I visited our parent's graves. Mom didn't feel good enough to visit Dad's grave
but we'll try again tomorrow. It was a most gorgeous day!
Mary Ellen, Kenny, Jon and me

Grahm Denton Tripp is one week old today. Here he is with proud Grandma Mardyne


No comments:

Post a Comment