Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tending Mom

End of May -I have had the pleasure of helping mom since her surgery/illness the past three weeks. It's great to have siblings to share shifts with. Since Karen has been on a cruise this past week I have tried to spend more time with her. We have really enjoyed each other and it's been great to have someone to "come home to."

Friday, May 30 I took her to the doctor. It turned out to be a "red letter day." She got her pic line out, her stitches out, the large scab removed from her blister on her other foot and permission to take a bath and go swimming. I was amazed at how well she could walk since she hasn't done it for a month.

I do feel a little sad that she won't really need me anymore. I sort of hate to see that part come to an end.
Mom even let me do her hair when we washed it

Before the stitches came out

Mom walking out of the hospital carrying her "parole" papers

Kathi (night shift), Mom, Mardyne (morning shift), Craig (pic line nurse)

No comments:

Post a Comment