May 31-June 7th

It was quite a week for Sarah. May 31 she went to the Senior prom.
June 1st she had her senior recital at her house. There were about 25 who came to support her. Her friend Marisa Neil also played the guitar for Sarah to sing.
 |
| Jon has the most gorgeous roses at his house |
Mon-June 2

I made a goal to try to weigh less than Karen by the time she got home from her Hawaiian cruise. I figured if I went on a diet and she indulged in non-stop buffets it would be my only chance. I have weighed more than her since birth. I went on a diet for a month cutting out sugars and starches and trying to stick to about 500 calories a day. Then today I asked Karen to come in to my work and weigh in on the digital scales. I did it! She weighed in at 120.2 and I came in at 115.2. I had lost 15 pounds. Since I won, I get to take her to Chuck-a-rama! I'm sure I'll gain it back within a few weeks but will enjoy it until then.
Wed -Sarah graduated from East High School. She was the Salutatorian. Her attending fans were Jon, me, Anne Cox, Vicki Bushnell and Tonya. We were all so proud of her. Afterwards we all went to dinner at the Oasis.

Thursday-Wayne, Karen, me, Craig, Mardyne & mom had a cookout at Woodcamp. It was wonderful to sit by the river and spend some time eating and visiting. Mom especially enjoyed her s'more. That night I put a "For Sale" sign in my yard. It was really hard but the timing feels right. I just wish Jon and I were moving into our own home but I will need to adjust and so will he and Sarah. Change is
good eventually.

Friday was my 3rd trip to SLC this week. I must admit I'm getting a little tired of the drive and desperate for a day at home. Saturday Jon and I had a great day riding our bikes 15 miles through Round Valley in Park City and then eating lunch at El Chubasco's. Then we watched "California Chrome" lose in the Belmont Stakes and miss the chance for a Triple Crown. Afterwards I went to Maura's bridal shower at Dale's house. It was fun to hang out with so many fun family cousins. Mom was especially proud to show off that she was actually wearing shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment