This weekend was Summerfest at the tabernacle grounds. It always reminds me of "Brigadoon," where all the townsfolk come out of hibernation to enjoy one day of summer. The arts were amazing and Jon and I enjoyed listening to a few of the bands. Karen's new blue grass band, "Down Yonder" played. It was their first public performance. They sounded pretty good but definitely needed Karen to "enhance" the entertainment factor. I'm so glad she has a band to play with. It was depressing for me as I feel like the Hot Flashes were just starting to really make good progress, become pretty well known and have a blast when we broke up. It's very sad but I just have to be grateful to have had the opportunity. I still dream about touring the world in an all woman rock band wearing a house coat and slippers.
| Down Yonder |
No comments:
Post a Comment