Mardyne and Karen performed in their first Christmas concert with the "New Horizons" orchestra. This group of older people who either want to learn a new instrument or used to play when they were younger just started playing together a couple months ago. Mardyne is relearning the viola that she played in high school and Karen was invited to do percussion. I was so proud of them and gave them a standing ovation.Wed, Dec 10
Jon drove up to attend the Cache County Christmas banquet. It was this dinner 4 years ago when we met for the first time.
Friday, Dec 12
Today was Don Linton's retirement party. As office manager I had to take care of the open house. I was sure glad to have it over and will really miss Don!
Sat, Dec 13
As I was gathering gifts from around my tree to take to family in Salt Lake I found that almost all of them had been soaked somehow by the water under the tree. Apparently when I gave the tree a drink each day I was also somehow watering the gifts. I was so sad about it and had to unwrap 9 of the gifts to let them dry out and see what could be saved. Some of them were homemade so it
was especially hard. Oh well. Christmas will still happen.
Sat, Dec 13-Jon turned 57 and finally caught up to me. :) Pretty cool to turn 57 born in 57 and today is 12/13/14! We had a nice relaxing day which I needed since the last couple days have been really hard on me. Jon, Sarah and I met Jon's siblings; Ken & wife MaryEllen, sister Anne, Brother in law Bill and his wife Margie for lunch at the Oasis. It would have been great if they all could have come. I just love his family.
![]() |
| 7 yr old Nolan in his suit |

No comments:
Post a Comment