This year Myndee was buying a new car. She works 3 jobs to support herself. She had planned to sell or trade in her 2006 car (valued at $4,000) but decided to provide a Christmas miracle for Kaylee who had to come home from her mission early due to PTSD. Myndee had it detailed, bought new hubcaps for it and wrapped it in a huge red ribbon. Then Kaylee, Mardyne and Craig stopped by Dale's to exchange gifts. Myndee gave Kaylee a box with a key and chain. Kaylee thought the key chain was neat. Soon she found out it went to a car that was to be hers! Myndee had even filled it with gas. What a generous and wonderful thing to do!
Mardyne and Craig went to a movie on Christmas Eve and learned that someone ahead of them had already paid for their tickets.
Tanner and Anjali returned home to find presents on their doorstep.
I returned home to find that someone had cleaned my house AND left a pile of gifts under my tree. I was overwhelmed and just started sobbing. I was not sobbing because I had a bunch of presents but because of the love that went with them. I knew it had to be Karen and Wayne. Either they felt sorry for me because I had spent some of the holiday sick and had missed being able to have my party with all my kids together or wanted the same kind of fun I had had with Karen's gift. But they went over the top! In the packages were things I've been needing for quite awhile but haven't dared spend the money on. First there was a brand new bass amp. Mine blew out and I've been borrowing Colleen's. Next was a new guitar strap. Then I found a music stand. I'm the only one in the band without one and just use whatever is horizontal nearby that can hold music. There was also a package of white socks and a pair of hiking socks. But as if that wasn't enough, there was also a shortwave radio. I must have mentioned at some time that none of my radios worked or something. I was just so overwhelmed. Here is the note that I found on one of the packages:Well now I'm feeling pretty spoiled!!! (but loving it)
I spent the night with mom who is still pretty sick. I'm sure grateful that she is still hanging out with us. I don't know what I'd do without her. Jodi called and made it home safe. She sounded so good and happy. That made my day.

No comments:
Post a Comment