Feb 27-Jon and I joined the Campbell family at "Myna's cabin" near Bear Lake. Along with us were Craig & Mardyne and ALL of Karen and Wayne's family except Ashley and Mariah. All 11 Campbell grandkids were there ranging in age from 11 on down. The noise decibel level was quite high but so was the fun and those little cousins had the best time. We all had nice bedrooms except Karen and Wayne who had chosen to sleep on the couches downstairs. It is a beautiful lake view cabin.

As it turned out most of the little kids went skiing in the afternoon so I wasn't needed to tend. Craig, Mardyne, Jon and I took a nice ride around the lake. It's the first time I've seen where Russ and Alysa's cabin is.
That night we played the Newlywed game. Jon and I did a lot better than I thought we would. Even though much of the nights were interrupted with crying kids, it was so nice to know we weren't responsible for them. The first night Molly and Riley (3 yr olds) came in our bedroom. Molly had quite a story to tell but was speaking in her whisper voice so I couldn't really hear her. Then Riley said, "We're on a mission." Hmm, maybe she was sharing the gospel.
The next morning we were snowed in. I don't know when Wayne and the other boys have had so much fun as they did digging 6 cars out of the snow and figuring out how to get them all out to the highway. After shoveling dirt onto the road and pushing cars I finally found my best use.....telling stories to Molly and Tex who were waiting in their car for daddy. We learned a lot about driving in snow but the best suggestion is "take the emergency break off." haha. We never could get Kyle's car up the hill but then discovered there was another exit from the cabin.....that didn't require climbing steep hills!
We all made it home safely.
![]() |
| Let's try going up backwards! |


No comments:
Post a Comment