Sunday, March 30, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Fri March 28- I didn't have to work today so me and Karen met Jared and Kyle at Beaver. It was the day I have dreamed of.....arriving "Before" the lifts opened and boarding the whole day in 12 inches of fresh powder. The clouds even parted for a little while. It is so much fun to board with those three. We went places I never knew existed at the Beav. That place is huge. It is fun playing Follow the Leader except Karen and I don't do all the rails, flips and tree jumping that those boys do.















That night Jon and I went to dinner at Elements. It is our favorite restaurant. Afterwards we went to Al's moving sale. Everything was 70% off. We even got some bottles of diet coke for $.39 each. Then we went to visit mom and watched a "March Madness" basketball game with her. It was a great day.

Sat March 29-Karen, Wayne, Jon and I hiked (snowshoes- except Jon took his back country skis) up Amazon Hollow to the highest peak we could reach. We climbed 1700 vertical feet and went almost 5 miles. At the top we had great views of Beaver resort to the West and Bear Lake to the East. Karen had brought along a styrofoam sled for us to get down the mountain on. It was a pain! We took turns carrying it. I had it strapped to my back and it was quite windy and I had to fight at times to keep from being airborn as the sled acted as wings. By the last few yards; which I had to dig up on my hands and knees, I wanted to just let it fly off the mountain. Karen hiked back down the last few yards to help drag me up. I was wishing I had my board but Karen and I had some adventures trying to sled down but it kept wanting to take us off the sides of the mountain instead of down. By the time we got down we were sufficiently beat up especially Karen who I accidentally harpooned in the arm with one of my poles. Afterwards we had a great lunch at Beaver mountain.

The activities of the last couple days are making me feel like a 57 year old. Oh wait. On Sunday I am. Yikes.

Saturday night mom needed me to go to Lee's for her but I wanted to go to the Women's Conference broadcast. Jon offered to run the errand for mom and I loved him for it. The conference was amazing. The spirit was so strong. Sisters age 8 and above attended. The choir was absolutely heavenly and I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole building. I was came home on a spiritual high.

A Fast Sunday wouldn't be my favorite pick to celebrate a birthday but when Daren, Noel, Jessika and Josh walked through the door, it made my year! Daren and I have had a rather rough year and it was so wonderful to see him and his family. He has grown some hair on his head and they all looked so happy and it meant to much to me to have them come up. We went to mom's. She hosted us along with Karen and Wayne for a birthday/spring celebration with a huge hoagie sandwich, homemade potato salad (mom is famous for) and cinnamon/apple jello salad. Karen made a chocolate cake with cherry topping and I brought the moosetracks icecream. We had such a good time. Daren and Noel gave me the most appropriate card that really tickled me. Mom gave me a card with our itinerary for our Cabo trip when we get to celebrate HER birthday. Can't wait!




It was snowing pretty hard so I decided to just spend the night at mom's. We sat and read my 2013 book I recently finished. She was so nice to act interested.






No comments:

Post a Comment