Wednesday, October 8, 2014

GO AGGIES! AND CAPTAIN COMMANDMENT

Oct 3-Friday
This is a screen shot of the tv but you can't see the score 35-20.
Me, Karen, Wayne, Mardyne and Craig gathered at mom's and watched the USU Aggies defeat BYU in football on their field for the first time since 1978. It was a beautiful thing and reaffirmed my faith in God. The ags were picked to lose by 21 points but instead won 35-20. Ironically BYU's QB was injured at about the same time in the game that our QB Chuckie Keaton was injured last year by BYU. It was the best game I've ever watched and because it was on tv it didn't end until almost midnight. With all the strange plays and fluky outcomes in that game I I wouldn't be a bit surprised if dad had something to do with the victory.

Oct 4-Saturday
Justin was selected to sing in a special choir for the Saturday afternoon session of general conference. He was so excited. It was fun watching him on tv. I had a hard time holding back the tears when they sang, "Abide with Me" which was the special musical number sung at my dad's funeral. Dad and Justin had a special bond and he inherited his grandpa's beautiful tenor voice. There he was up there singing that song and wearing dad's suit. It was a special few minutes for me. I'm so proud of him. 

He looks more like he is pulling a face than singing but he is the guy on the left in the red tie.

2 comments: