Monday, October 13, 2014

HOMECOMING WEEKEND

My boss is running for re-e
Sat-Oct 11

I watched the Aggie Homecoming parade with most of the Campbell clan in front of my work. It's been years since I've been able to make it to the parade. It was mostly advertisements, only 1 band and 1 float that I remember. Not at all like the good ole days. At least they threw out a lot of candy and free stuff. I think Karen caught a frizbee for each of her grandkids.

Afterwards we went to Taco Time to celebrate Tegan and Teyah's 9th birthday, then Wayne, Karen & I went for a motorcycle ride up to Tony Grove. It was beautiful with the Fall colors but freezing cold. Luckily there was a campsite with all the makings of a nice camp complete with burning fire but no people. I was able to thaw my hands out a bit. We did a little hike to try to warm up. I've never hiked in a helmet before but it wasn't too bad. The ride home was much warmer.





Later that day Jon came up and we ate dinner at the Providence Sauerkraut festival. Nobody makes sauerkraut like Prov and I loved it! It was also great to watch and listen to Karen's band, "Down Yonder."

After that we caught a ride with Dale's family to the Aggie football game vs Air Force. The Aggies pulled off another win.

Mon-Oct 13  Columbus Day

Jon, Me, Karen, Wayne met Sarah and Jon's UDOT friends, Darin, Rex, and Terry at 6:30 a.m. and we drove to Birch Canyon. We started just as dawn was breaking at 7:10 a.m. for Flattop. It has been on my "bucket list" for a long time. The hike was really pretty but cold. We made it to the top around 11:00 a.m. then back to the car at 3:10 making it an 8 hour effort. We were all pretty tired but it was sure fun!











2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Flattop. Saw it every morning from my parent's kitchen window. I've been to the top once with my dad. We rode horses to the top. I bet it was a good hike and so pretty with the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Jon tell you about the red flag my dad put up there one year?

    ReplyDelete