Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Weekend

Oct 31-Happy Halloween

It was Byron's last day at work so I made a graveyard dessert. It was to "die" for. BAAhaaa.That night Karen, Wayne & I drove to Stansbury to see the Justin and Kenzee clan. I hadn't seen them in about 4 months! They have a new foundation, organized garage, new entry way and Nolan has his two front teeth and Lucy is walking! 

I got to go trick or treating with them for a few houses. Nolan was dressed as Jack Skeleton, Ezra repeated his last year's performance as a "minnion" and Lucy was wearing a little poodle skirt outfit. I got to teach her how to go beg for candy from total strangers! :O.  The scariest costume of the night was Ezra who decided he was done with trick or treating early and replaced his "minnion" costume for "Adam." 

Later me, Jon, Wayne & Karen crashed Daren and Noel's party. I took some "deviled eggs." Karen and I were dressed as witches but Jon and Wayne were the big hit in their LDS missionary outfits complete with name tags and scriptures. They went to the door and were excited to actually be let inside. I'm sure they were the scariest costume of the night for Daren. The party did not disappoint. You could spend hours just exploring all the horrific props. They had really gone all out this year, even destroying parts of his house (doors) to make the props work. There was a holographic video, a life sized animated construction worker banging his head against the wall then suddenly would turn his bloody face towards you. There were plenty of monsters, spiders, corpses, bones, skulls and all sorts of creepy things everywhere. Daren and Noel spend all year planning this big event. He had filled his coffin this year with drinks. The guests seemed quite nervous to be drinking with the "Elders." Daren told me later that his friends actually didn't know they were not missionaries. What a great way to keep the party under control! 
Noel and a few of her concoctions
Noel & Daren (How did I ever give birth to such a twisted.....but talented kid)
We had planned to go to Moab on Saturday to ride the slick rock trail but the forecast called for high winds. Instead we rode Dry Canyon in Salt Lake. Everyone must have been trying to get in a last run or ride because the trail was really crowded. It was a lot of fun. 



It was a great weekend until pulling in my garage I forgot my bike was still on top of the car and destroyed the rack. My bike appears to be okay though. I've done it so many times now that I know exactly what part so buy to fix it. I sure feel like an idiot though. Karen & I stayed up and watched the Aggies beat Hawaii in Football.

1 comment: