Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Moving Day

I have to admit I have been quite terrified of moving to Salt Lake. I have loved my life in Providence. I have loved my job (for the most part) and somehow worked my way from part time file clerk at the court to Office Manager for the County Attorney's office. It was a pretty stressful job but also was a comfort in having a routine and a place to go and keep busy. I have loved my home, Prov canyon, the mountains, Karen up the street, the band and mom and sister in town. I don't know if I could do it if not that Jon has promised we can come back when he retires. I didn't know if I would ever really feel "at home" in his house. Would I be able to adjust? Would my stuff find a place?

Everything went much better than I expected. I had everything ready to move and most of it out in the garage to make less time for the movers. The house was all cleaned and looked perfect and wonderful. I felt so happy (and a little envious) for the new owners.

The movers arrived at 8 a.m. on the 29th and had everything loaded by 9:30. Wayne, Karen &  Mariah came and hauled off the basement furniture, dining room table, chairs and rocker for Mariah. I left my basement furniture and piano for the new owners. The small bedroom went to Lucy. Everything went really smoothly except that my picnic table wouldn't fit in. It felt good to have it all on its way to Jon's and I was so happy that I didn't have to be there to watch them unload in and see the panic on Jon's face when he saw how much stuff I had. I didn't think fitting an entire household into a 26' trailer was too bad though. I really did get rid of a lot of stuff.

I worked Friday, May 1st for the last time and walked out trying not to look back. I headed to my new home right after work. I am so grateful for the feeling of peace I feel. We spent Sat trying to unpack and begin the job of making a home together.  I think we are going to be happy! Jon has been wonderful. He even kept his promise of allowing me a parking spot in the garage. The girls have been great too. So far so good.


1 comment: