May 7-Karen, mom, me, Mariah, Josh & Sharli went to see Tanner and Anjali perform in the musical, "Shrek." It was amazing!!! They did such a good job. I just had to get a picture with them.
May 11-The Mood Swings had their first gig. We invited ourselves to entertain at an ice-cream social in Campbell's backyard. We had a really good turnout and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We had the most fun of course. I can't wait for the next one.
 |
| Making Borscht |
May 17-Today was Amanda's mission homecoming. She and I spoke in Sacrament meeting and Sarah sang a solo with Amanda playing the piano. It was a nice meeting. So many friends and family came. From my side were Karen, Mariah, Josh and Karen also picked up Jessika and Josh and brought them. After church we had around 50 people over for soup, fruit, rolls and desserts. We had a lot of help. Yesterday Sarah, Amanda and I made Borscht. It took almost 2 1/2 hours and is a traditional Ukrainian soup. We used a food processor that Jon had never opened. It had been stored for about 25 years. It saved the day. We had a good turnout and were so grateful that it finally quit raining so people could eat outside.
 |
| Sarah (with her new haircut), me, Jon, Amanda, Anne, Jenny Jo, Luisa, Margie, Bill, Katie, Jon and kids CC and Ben |
Nice looking family. I wish I could have been there.
ReplyDelete