After that we packed up the band and did a gig for the Dayton, Idaho town celebration. This farmer up there has a really nice spread and invites the town to come enjoy some bbq and live music a couple times a year. It was our 3rd gig and 1st paying one, $250. We got rained on a little. I think we enjoyed it the most. We played for over 2 hours. It was sure a pretty spot of Earth. Mom had a big day going to the shower all morning but didn't want to be left behind for the gig. She had a big job as we asked her to take notes and critique us. I can't wait for the next one. I was glad Jon came up for it. He was a big help. As a side story, I have been missing my car key with the remote since a couple days before I moved. I've checked all my pants and coat pockets several times as that's where I usually would stash it. Nothing. I've said many prayers. I checked all the pockets again just a couple days ago. At the gig, Jon took my car to go into Preston to buy a tarp. I ran to get my keys out of my coat pocket. It was the one (I was sure) that I had been using since I lost mine. I gave it to him. When he came back he was holding my lost key with the remote. It was as if he had somehow pulled it from his pocket but he hadn't been around when I lost it. He was as blown away as I was as he also thought I had given him the other one. I said, "Welcome to my world!" as strange things like that are always happening. I found the key we thought I had given him in my pocket. I know the logical answer is it was in my pocket all along but I had checked several times. I prefer to believe it was an answer to my prayers. Those things are pricey! We stayed at mom's that night. She is so fun to be around and shared her miraculous story of her lost bracelet when she was a kid. It is one of my favorites!
| Colleen serenading m |
No comments:
Post a Comment