Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Nolan's Baptism

Sat April 24
Today Nolan got baptized! Jon, Amanda and I attended in the Stansbury stake center. Ezra of course was very excited to see me. Even Lucy came and sat quietly on my lap for several minutes until all of a sudden she got scared and wanted mommy. Kenzee's dad gave the baptism talk (requested by Nolan because he said he would be Hilarious). Another little girl was baptized too. Kenzee had made the cutest invitations and there was a little bio of him in the program. It said: Nolan loves the outdoors; he can hike and bike for many miles!  He loves anything to do with Minecraft. He takes good care of his baby sister, Lucy. He loves science and creating things; his 1st grade class called him "The Professor." Just as Justin was about to confirm him, Lucy hit her head and started to cry. The timing was perfect and so typical of a special moment. Haha. Afterwards we went over to their house for a delicious lunch. There was a little table set up with pictures of Nolan. I'm sure he must have felt so special.

Mon April 27-Today my darling mom turned 86. She doesn't seem that old to me at old. In fact I almost feel we are best friends so we must be about the same age. She had the best day. She has so many friends in her retirement community and is quite popular. I spent the night with her for her birthday because she loves that but had a panic attack in the night. I just couldn't get the worries about moving and being ready off my mind. The next night Craig, Karen and I went to Maddox with her to celebrate. It was such a beautiful day and we had a great time.
Mardyne and mom




No comments:

Post a Comment