June 18-I drove up to Logan for Summerfest. It is the biggest event of the year in Cache Valley and I always love going to it. Karen's band, "Down Yonder" played Thursday afternoon. I just wish Jon would have wanted to come up too. Friday I was looking forward to relaxing by mom's pool. I decided to get in the pool forgetting that my iphone was in the pocket of my swim shorts. I hate that feeling of panic when you realize something like that. I spent the afternoon trying to bring it back to life, taking it to AT&T and Expercom but no luck. That night I went to Summerfest to watch the band, "The Strike." It was fun hooking up with some of my old co-workers.
June 19-Wayne, Karen & I hiked Mt. Naomi this morning. It was 6.5 miles round trip and was so beautiful. We even got to cross a couple snow patches.
I drove home in time to go with Jon to pick Amanda up from her Ragnar race. She and a team of 11 others including Josh and Mariah ran a relay from USU to Midway. It looked really fun and I think I'd like to try doing it next year. It just seems sort of crazy to me to have to pay so much money to run.
While we were waiting for her Jon and I visited the Heber cemetery and family graves. I also found the house my dad was born in which was right across the street from the church where Grandpa Moulton's funeral was. That night we went to a bbq at a neighbor's house.
Sunday was Father's day. Jon is surely a great dad and really knows how to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment