Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 24th Weekend

Karen has to have music so she can dance on the boat
July 22-Karen asked for my help with the boat over at Bear Lake as she was going to show the Fredricksen's a good time at Rondevoux beach. Of course I try to be of service whenever I can. We arrived early which gave us time to water ski before meeting Sharli at the beach. The boat was acting kind of funny. It took a really long time to pull the skier out of the water. Karen is so light and usually just pops right up. Karen had a good ski. When it was my turn I struggled to hold on as it seemed to take forever to get on top of the water. I was almost home free when I noticed Karen was no longer driving the boat. She was sitting in the passenger seat trying to turn the music up! I guess she figured having the throttle down all the way was the best she could do and she would multitask. In the meantime the boat began to slow and I began to sink back into the water. This was frustrating as it is no easy feat to get up on one ski but more funny than anything else. I yelled "GO, GO" at the top of the lungs but the music was too loud. At the last hopeful second she noticed what was happening and jumped back to drive me to success.
I like swinging from the boom bar

We had a great time pulling Thomas' family on the big tube. It is surprisingly stable. In the early afternoon the clouds gathered. It's never a good idea to be on the lake when that happens so we took the boat out and headed home.

I had my usual "suite" at mom's which I love.

July 23-The Mood Swings band had practice. I will be missing the next couple practices and sure hope I don't ruin our next few gigs! I have a lot of work to do but it's sure a lot of fun. Karen served us breakfast. I had a busy afternoon getting a cavity filled at the dentist and mom and I got RX's filled and groceries then I drove her to Dale's for the night. Dale and Mrylynn had fixed a wonderful meal including grilled us filet mignon steaks!
Dale with his latest work tool.
Below is Myndee, Mom and Myrlynn


July 24-Justin, Kenzee, the kids and I went to the "Days of 47 Parade." We were able to park 1 block away and only have to wait about 1/2 hour. We set our chairs in the shade at 600 South and 200 East. Mom's big bag of popcorn really made it enjoyable for the kids. The parade lasted 2 hours and was really great. Afterwards we all came home and cooked some burgers. I had borrowed Karen's croquet set and insisted that we use it. I got Justin, Kenzee and Nolan to humor me but since it was so hot and I could tell they were just "enduring" I allowed each person to take about 6 turns at a time. It went fast. After it cooled off Jon and I picked up Paul & Phyllis and went for some gelato at the place where Sarah works. It was really enjoyable. 





Nolan helps Lucy get a better view
















Ezra and Lucy

July 25-Today is my amazing daughter Jodi's 35th birthday. I posted on message to her on Facebook that we are finally the same age. She re-posted "Yes, we are both 57 now!" Haha. Joke's on me. At least she cut me some slack of a year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment