Sunday, July 5, 2015

Grandkids Week 2

Mon June 29-I picked the boys up from Coralie and we headed up to Cache Valley stopping at the Airplane museum in Ogden. It was a very hot day but the boys seemed to really enjoy it. Jack took pictures of everything so it must have made an impression on him. Afterwards we went to see the movie, "Jurassic World" in Providence. Ryan played in the aisle which was good as it distracted him from seeing so many people eaten by dinosaurs. We spent the night at mom's and she fixed a yummy casserole for us. I worried that the boys would drive her crazy. They love to giggle and wrestle a lot but she was great.

Tues June 30 I took the boys grocery shopping then we went boating with Karen, Celeste, Landon and Bryce at Hyrum Dam. The new tube Santa brought Karen for Christmas is a blast. It seemed so stable but when I was pulling Karen, Rocky and Landon; Jack informed me that nobody was on the tube. They had somehow fallen off a ways behind but were okay. I guess it isn't as stable as I thought.

Afterwards Karen opened the pool for us. Rocky and Jack love the water. Ryan wants nothing to do with it. That night we played "Charlie Butcher Boy" with my boys and Karen had Molly, Landon, Tex and Bryce. I pitched my tent in Karen's backyard. I don't remember ever being so warm sleeping outside. It was great fun.

These boys always give me the thumbs up sign

Wed-July 1st-Karen fixed a big pancake breakfast then we loaded the canoe and rowed in the marshes by Cutler. Wayne was so patient showing Rocky how to tie on the canoe and paddle. We put all 6 of us in the boat and it was very fun and relaxing. We saw lots of mud swallows and carp and even some new baby birds.
 After the canoeing, we met Karen and Molly at the Logan Aquatic center. Rocky and Jack loved it. Ryan screamed with fear and would not even get in the water. I can't understand how out of the hundreds of tiny children in that pool, he was the only one who seemed scared to death of it. I would be concerned but Jack was the same way last year at age 6 but is fine now. I spent the time relaxing on the blanket with Ryan.
Jack, David, Ryan
That night Karen, Wayne and us had a weenie roast up Providence canyon then we slept in Campbell's backyard again in the tent. It was much cleaner that way. Rocky loves to start stories then take turns with others in making up the story. I was so tired and my chapters were really lame. He would laugh and say, "Really Grandma?"

 Thurs July 2nd-We visited with mom then the boys went to Mardyne's house to stay with Anjali so Karen, Mardyne, mom and I could go to lunch. Then we gathered around mom's computer to dream about taking a cruise together in November.

Karen and I tried to take the boys to the car show but once we got to the entrance decided that it was too hot and expensive. I took them to A&W for root beer ice cream cones instead then we stopped by my office to say hi. The kids all ran to Anne (even Ryan who never knew her) and gave her a big hug. I dropped the kids off to Coralie at 5:30. She plans to drive them back home tomorrow.

What a great time we have had. I can't wait til next summer and I hope they can come back. I already have it planned.










No comments:

Post a Comment