Fri-Sept 11-Mom had Craig, Mardyne, Wayne, Karen, me and Jon over to watch the U of U vs USU football game. We had a hoagie feast and watched the Ag's get beat 21-14. It wasn't as humiliating as we had expected though and we were proud of our Aggies who played really hard.

Saturday the Mood Swings Band played at the North Logan Gardner's market from 9-11. It was a picture perfect day and we had such a blast. The only thing that would have made it better is if anyone had shown up. The market is new to North Logan this year and competes with the big one in Logan. There weren't many vendors and really the only people listening to us were our own families. My own kids have never even heard us! Mom though is our biggest fan and she sat through over 2 hours of us playing without a break and said she loved every minute of it. Now that's support!
We entertained ourselves sufficiently though and performed as if we were playing for a huge crowd, complete with jokes and introductions.
I tried the "Lips are Movin" rap. It was my first time. I was really nervous but made it through. We tried doing it again near the end and I only made it halfway through when my mind just crashed. Ug! It was our last scheduled gig. I hope we can get another one soon before it gets too cold. I'd love to do an outdoor concert in the park!
 |
| Jon helps wire mics |
 |
| Getting ready to rap |
No comments:
Post a Comment