Sept 1-The last 3 years since Jon and I got married have seemed like the blink of an eye. If this continues, we'll be dead soon which is one reason we have both decided to live life to the fullest .....because life is so precarious.
Jon brought me home a bouquet of flowers. Usually he will just cut a rose from the yard but it really took me by surprise. We loaded the car and bikes and headed up to Snowbird. There were a lot of people outside for a conference but it turned out we were likely the only ones even staying at the Inn. We had planned to take the bikes up the tram and ride them down but it was closed due to construction. I'm kind of glad because we found a great 4.5 mile ride lower on the mountain that had just the right amount of ups and downs and we had a blast. There were all these crazy wooden scenes in the trees.
Afterwards we had dinner at the El Chanate at the lodge. I gave Jon a pair of swim fins. We were the only ones at the pool and hot tub so it was really nice. The next morning we had a buffet breakfast at a beautiful restaurant in the lodge. It was included in our room package. The windows were so clean it was almost as if we were eating outside. Ironically we both gave each other a bag of Lindt truffles in our favorite flavors. I guess great minds think alike! I gave him extra dark chocolate and he gave me carmel. We just had such a great relaxing time. I feel so blessed that we found each other. I think we make good partners and I'm lucky to have somebody in my life who likes to play the way I do.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great way to celebrate! I'm so glad you two found each other.
ReplyDelete